There’s no more beautiful and freeing feeling than exercising outdoors. The sunlight, fresh air, and natural surroundings offer a unique sense of rejuvenation and possibility. But all too often, our outdoor workouts consist of the same, run of the mill exercises, making thing start to feel a bit stale. So why not give your outdoor fitness routine a much needed and stimulating update? Here are five fun, creative, and invigorating outdoor exercises that will liven up any outdoor workout!
1. Get Active in the Outdoors – 5 Fun Outdoor Exercises
Getting active outdoors doesn’t have to be boring; there are plenty of fun activities that will get your heart pumping and your energy levels soaring. From jogging to kayaking, here are five outdoor exercises that will keep you entertained and active.
Jogging – Jogging is a great way to stay in shape while enjoying the great outdoors. The fresh air, calming scenery, and potential to pick up the pace make jogging a great outdoor exercise. Pick a park or other nearby outdoor location to take a jog. Mix things up by choosing a different route or increasing the speed with every run.
Yoga – Yoga isn’t just for inside the studio; you can practice yoga outdoors, too. Rugged terrains, natural elements, and fresh air provide just the right amount of difficulty for a yoga session. If you don’t already know yoga poses, consider joining an outdoor yoga class or downloading an app for guidance. Practice in a park, beach, or any other outdoor setting for the ultimate yoga experience.
Hiking – Get some fresh air and enjoy the beauty of nature by going on a hike. It’s a great low-impact exercise that can be done with family and friends. Look for trails in your area and make sure to bring gear such as water, snacks, and a map. Consider breaking up the hike with short bursts of jogging or running to increase the intensity.
Kayaking – Take a break from land and explore the waters nearby with a kayak. Kayaking is an excellent full-body workout and fun outdoor activity. Whether you’re in a kayak with a group of friends or alone, you’re sure to have a great time. Commercial kayaking services and rental locations can be found throughout the country and offer guided kayaking trips, too.
Cycling – Hop on a bike for a great outdoor exercise. Cycling is a great way to explore the outdoors while getting in some great cardio. Go off-road and go for a trail ride, or stay on paved pathways. The intensity can be adjusted to match your fitness goals, making it a great outdoor workout for all levels.
2. Spice Up Your Fitness Routine with Outdoor Adventure
Looking to take your fitness routine to the next level? Why not try parting with the gym and hitting the track outdoors? Adventure-based exercise is a great way to stay fit, have fun and experience the great outdoors.
Benefits of Outdoor Adventure:
- Improve mental health
- Boost cardio endurance
- Save money on gym/equipment
- Explore nature
- Get an intense workout
Outdoor activities like rock climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, and trail running are not only thrilling and exhilarating, but they also force you to work harder to complete the task at hand. With your natural environment constantly changing, you are short on predictability, meaning your body is continuously working to keep up with the challenge – constantly pushing your body’s limits and giving you a more intense workout than the one you would encounter at the gym.
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned fitness pro, outdoor adventure gives everyone the unique opportunity to collaborate with friends, challenge yourself and gear up for something you may have never thought possible. There is no better time to get out, be bold, and experience the awesome power of fitness combined with the great outdoors.
3. Try These Fun Exercises to Boost Your Energy and Stamina
It’s time to fire up your energy and stamina with some fun exercises! Whether you’re looking to jump start your mornings or wind down after a long day, these exercises will help you feel energized and invigorated again.
- High Knees: This cardio exercise will have you feeling energized in no time. All you have to do is stand in one spot. Then, as quickly as you can, lift one knee up at a time as high as you can in a running motion. Doing this for two minutes or more can help give you a quick burst of vitality.
- Sun Salutations: These yoga moves are another great way to boost your energy and stamina. Start in a standing position, then slowly bend forward as you inhale and exhale. As you come up, raise your arms above your head to complete the sun salutation. Do this sequence three to four times for an energizing boost.
- Jump Squats: Feel like you have no energy whatsoever? Jump squats might be the answer. Begin in a squatting position, then quickly jump into the air and land back in the squat position. Try doing three sets of 10 jump squats for an instant energy boost.
Mixing these exercises together in any combination is sure to leave you feeling recharged and energized. So don’t be afraid to try them out and give yourself a much needed revitalizing jolt of energy.
4. Enjoy the Fresh Air While You Power Through a New Workout
Getting outside and enjoying some fresh air is a great way to power through a new workout. There are several ways you can use the outdoors to your advantage:
- Go for a run. A brisk jog, whether outdoors or on the treadmill, is a great way to get your heart rate up and get your blood pumping. Not only will this help you work out your legs and cardiovascular system, it will also help you clear your head and relax.
- Try a new sport. When you’re outdoors, you have the perfect opportunity to try out a new sport or activity. From tennis to badminton to Frisbee, there are many outdoor sports you can play with friends or alone.
- Take a walk. Walking outdoors is a fantastic way to get some fresh air and take in the sights and sounds of the outdoors. Walking also provides a good low-impact workout for your muscles and joints.
If you’re looking to mix up your workout routine, then a walk or jog in the park is a great way to add a bit of variety. Not only does the fresh air provide a natural energy boost, but it also allows you to appreciate your surroundings and appreciate the beauty of nature. The sound of birds chirping, the rustling of leaves, and the sun setting can all help to create a tranquil atmosphere that can help to put your mind and body at ease.
Many people don’t realize the importance of getting some fresh air as part of their workout routine. Fresh air can help to invigorate and energize the body, and the extra oxygen can help to improve focus and concentration. Not only that, but it can also help you to push yourself harder during your workouts, allowing you to break through plateaus and get more out of your exercise routine.
So the next time you’re stuck in a rut with your workout routine, try getting outside and taking a brisk walk or run. The fresh air will do wonders for your body and mind, and it will provide a much needed break from the monotony of indoor workouts.
Getting outdoors and incorporating some new exercises into your routine can be a great way to kickstart your fitness journey and make it more enjoyable. Embrace the great outdoors and give these five exercises a shot! You’ll be surprised at the results! From experiencing nature’s wonders to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, the possibilities are truly endless.